Monday, November 16, 2009

Winter


I think it is fair to say that winter is here! It snowed again the last few days and accumulated a good amount of snow on the ground and rooftops. While some aspects of this time of year I could just as soon do without I love the Holiday season. I love the preparations and all that lead up to Christmas. Haveing children, it is especially enjoyeable for me, as they really like it too. I am as guilty as you can be of living vicariously through my kids.
One of the things that my wife and I have done the last several years around this time of year is to make jelly. It is fun and we can usually get grapes from our neighbors grapevine, or some cherries or other fruit to use for the jelly. We have experimented with different kinds and we usually give some away as Christmas gifts. Yesterday afternoon we tried somthing new with cherry jelly. The fruit was not fresh but canned and we used a "tart cherry juice" you can buy in the store. So far the reviews are very good!

I hope for all that your Thanksgiving and Christmas are especially happy this year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chris, you are something else!

We agree, this is a wonderful time of the year.

Danny and Marilyn
PS We have missed your comments on your blog.